The spreader, which can hold both 20, 30 and 40 feet ISO containers, can be positioned fully automatically to the appropriate container size and is equipped with a new sensor system.
The second-hand spreader was extensively overhauled. Inter alia, the following works have been carried out:
- Testing of all existing weld seams by the magnetic particle method
- Ultrasonic testing of twistlocks including a detailed test report
- Renewal of the complete electrical system incl. PLC control and energy chain
- Control cabinet in stainless steel and vibration-damped suspension
- Conversion of the sensor technology to non-contact proximity switches
- Overhaul of all cylinders and renewal of valves including pressure test
The assembly of the refurbished spreader was carried out upon customer agreement on a weekend. Due to good planning and a great cooperation with the customer, the complete crane and spreader were handed over even before the given time window.